Margarita From Scratch
John Kanell @preppykitchen
- 1/2 cup tequila silver
- 1/4 cup lime juice fresh
- 1/4 cup orange liquor Grand Marnier or Cointreau
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- To make the simple syrup: add the sugar and water to a saucepan. Bring to a boil, remove from heat and chill. You can also buy pre-made simple syrup!
- Add ice, tequila, orange liquor, lime juice, and 1/3 cup of the simple syrup to a shaker and shake!
- Strain and serve in salted glasses over ice. You can add more of the simple syrup for an extra kick/sweetness if desired.
- Garnish with a wedge of lime
Here are some great brands of tequila for a great margarita.
- Don Julio