Honey-Jalepeño Glazed Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
John Kanell @preppykitchen
- 1 lb center cut bacon
- 1 lb large peeled and deveined fresh shrimp
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 20 wooden picks soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh jalapeño pepper
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place a paper towel on a microwave-safe plate; top with 6 slices bacon, then top with another paper towel.
- Microwave in high for 1 minute and 30 seconds to partially cook bacon. Set partially-cooked bacon aside; repeat with remaining bacon.
- Once bacon has cooled enough to handle, half slices lengthwise.
- Sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper. Wrap each shrimp with a halved bacon slice, securing bacon with a wooden pick.
- Place wrapped shrimp on a rimmed sheet pan lined with aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl, stir together honey, jalapeño, and vinegar. Brush honey mixture over shrimp.
- Bake shrimp for 10 minutes; remove from oven.
- Set oven to high broil; Return shrimp to oven; broil, watching carefully, until bacon is crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Let cool slightly, then place on a serving platter. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.