Joanna Gaines’ Magnolia Chocolate Chip Cookies
PREP: 15 minutes
COOK: under 30 minutes
COOL: 1 hour
Makes about 40 cookies:
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 heaping teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Position a rack in a center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or in a large bowl with a handled electric mixer), beat the butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the eggs and beat until blended. Add the vanilla and beat until blended.
- Turn the mixer off and add the flour mixture to the bowl. Mix on medium just until the flour is mixed in, then turn the mixer to high speed for a few seconds to pull the dough together; it will be chunky.
- Add the chocolate chips and beat on high for about 5 seconds to thoroughly and quickly mix the chips.
- Drop by large spoonfuls on the lined baking sheet; don’t flatten them. Bake until lightly browned on top, 10 to 11 minutes. Cool on the pan on a rack for 1 minute, then transfer the cookies to the rack to cool completely. Repeat with the remaining dough
- Store the cookies in a tightly covered container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
From Magnolia Table by Joanna Gaines. Copyright © 2018 by Joanna Gaines.
Reprinted by permission of William Morrow, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers