Recipe by Amie MacGregor @food.duchess
- 1/2 cup Whole Milk
- 1 tsp Dried Lavender
- Purple Food Coloring
- 1 Earl Grey Tea Bag
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste or Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Heavy Cream, cold
- 14 oz Can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Add whole milk to a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer then remove from the heat. Divide the milk equally into two separate bowls. Add lavender & purple food coloring to one bowl, and the Earl Grey tea bag & vanilla to the other bowl. Place plastic wrap over the surface of each bowl (to ensure a skin doesn’t form) and place both bowls into the fridge to cool completely – about 2-3 hours. When cool, remove the tea bag from the one, and strain the lavender out from the other.
- Add heavy cream to a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat until stiff peaks have formed, then carefully fold in the sweetened condensed milk.
- Equally divide the sweetened whipped cream into 2 separate bowls, then pour the lavender infused milk into one bowl, and the Earl Grey infused milk into the other. Carefully fold each of these infused milks into the whip cream, then pour each of the mixtures into a loaf pan. Using a knife, swirl the two mixtures together to achieve that marbled look.
- Cover and place into the freezer to firm up for at least 6 hours.